Michelle Obama: A Dress Designers Dream...


Out of the 3 gowns above, Michael Kors wins it for me. He and Tracy Reese are two of my favorite designers, and I like the Tuleh design, I'm just not sure Michelle would go strapless even though she could with those fabulous arms and shoulders. Michael's dress has just the right amount of form-fittedness that Michelle seems to gravitate towards in her dresses. It's simple and stylish with not too much flash.



I honestly love everything Christian Lacroix did here.  It's pure theater though! Everything he did is full on drama and flash, it's a classic "Yes, I've entered the room" type style. I just don't know that Michelle would go for it. She's extremely stylish, but in a laid back kinda way. I think she could totally pull off any of these dramatic looks, I just don't know that she would.





Diane von Furstenberg. I love her laid back take on the white ball gown. It's refreshing and different. The suit is nice too, I think the color would pop on Michelle.


I love this white Peter Som dress. I think it would look great on me, but it would also look good on Michelle.  Keep in mind, the Obama's have much more than just the inaugural balls to attend, there's the swearing in ceremony, a parade among many other celebratory events.

Personally, I think Michelle would look great in Isaac Mizrahi. His silhouettes just seem like they would be nicely suited for her.  But my honest opinion? I hope Michelle chooses to go with someone fresh, new and unknown.

Click here to see the entire slideshow of inaugural designs for Michelle Obama.

Comments

Popular Posts